Translate

Saturday, January 28, 2012

12/17/11 Journey to A Half Marathon

Today I was able to thank God for allowing me to grow up in Omaha, Nebraska because the temperature was 36 degrees. I remember that would the high temp in Omaha all day, at moments. So when some of the ladies complained about it being cold outside, I said to myself, at least I'm not waking up to zero below, with a wind chill factor temps. I bundled up and got to moving. I really need to invest in some Under Armour sports clothes, highly recommended for cold temperatures.
Today, also I'm proud of myself because I've dropped my mile per minute down to 11.5 and I made it up to 4 miles. We had a mini celebration on our Facebook group page because one of the ladies was able to walk 2 miles. One of the things I like about Black Girls Run, the women are so positive. Every accomplishment is celebrated.

I didn't make my goal of being injury free. I have so much stress built up that I can't move my neck or left shoulder every well. The stress is from stepping out of God's way and letting Him handle business, which means He still isn't allowing me to respond to things the way I use too. One of the other joys of running, I really get to hear God talking to me. I'm learning to listen to Him, follow His direction. I've learn to be silent through some personal attacks. Like the one from my co-worker last Thursday. She tried her best to get me terminated or suspended, but it backed fired on her and I ended up preventing her from being suspended or terminated. By right, I should have punched her in the face. And I think I was headed in that position when my supervisor intervened, that's when I heard God say sit back, close your mouth, allow her to bury herself. Another reason I was hurt by her attack, I've have been defending her to my other coworkers.

Back to running. I learned a valuable lesson yesterday, don't eat a banana before a run, it doesn't sit well on the stomach, at least not mine. I'll stick with the yogurt and peanut butter toast. Oh by the way, if you haven't, you need to try the all natural peanut butter, talk about delicious.

With one week completed using B210K, I'm feeling pretty good about myself. Both my daughters are focusing on me and my lifestyle changes. My role as mother has switched to Life Coach. Another benefit of running, I don't get upset with my daughters the way I used too. I can see the Holy Spirit transforming them.

Also, since running, I don't care too much for fast foods anymore. My focus is slowly shifting back to cooking. I'm going to need those skills back in full function come June.

Monday I'm making an appointment with a chiropractor. All the serious runners recommend seeing one regularly. I'm going to the foot to make sure I haven't permanently loss two of my toenails, one of the disadvantages of running. I'm also going to get my feet measured for the proper running shoes. I'm seriously thinking about starting to train Skye and Payton for track. They are at the age where nothing is impossible to them. I'll teach them the open air is all about time with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment