Translate

Saturday, November 9, 2013

6th Semester of My Pregnancy: Weeks 26-30

Week 26 (Nov 4 - 10): I went back to the gym this week, it felt good. I added the extra day of leg weight training and squats. When I say my legs were hurting, they hurt, but I kept it moving. I skipped my Saturday morning run. This marathon training is killing my desire to run. Therefore, I know I will not run another marathon distance. I love how my body is toning, but the run distance is very unappealing.

Week 27 (Nov 11 - 17): Because of school I had to switch my gym visits to the evenings after classes. Not my idea but staying up to the wee hours of the night to study and then trying to function on just 2 or 3 hours of sleep wasn't cutting it. Plus my appetite has been increasing in the mornings and I want more time to eat. Working out in the evening gives me more time to complete my entire planned workout and eliminates me having to rush through it, skip something and driving like a mad woman to get to work on time. Friday evening me and my running buddy Brenda headed to San Antonio for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon. I decided that this is how I wanted to spend my birthday this year. Saturday we were able to get a little pre-race workout by going to the race expo at the Alamodome. If you know any thing about that place, it's surrounded by stairs, steep stairs on all sides. Add the walking around the expo, we had a good workout. My bib number happened to be my month and year of birth. I was so impressed with it until I realized I signed up for the wrong distance. I had registered for marathon, not the half. Oh hecks no. I headed to the change race table immediately. That's when the first labor pains hit. I posted my bib number on my Facebook page to see how many would catch I had registered for the wrong distance and to show off my bib number. That's when posts began about I should go ahead and run the distance. More labor pains. Sunday morning, more labor pains. Is this really meant to be. While standing in the corral area, I started talking to this older woman about running the full. That's when I decided to go ahead and attempt to complete the 26.2 miles. My first marathon on my birthday. Happy Birthday to Me. Read my post about my marathon.

Week 28 (Nov 18 - 24):

Week 29 (Nov 25 - Dec 1):

Week 30 (Dec 2 - 8):

No comments:

Post a Comment