Translate

Thursday, October 13, 2011

From Emptynest to Full Nest…Again

I had the opportunity to boast about my emptynest. I loved every moment of it, I truly did. But, that’s over with for the time being. NeNe didn’t return to Virginia for college, she stayed home to attend Community College. Which has turned out to be a great savings for me, and of course her. She will not be graduating from a four-year university with a lot of debt, but she will be graduating with less debt and two degrees, Associates and Bachelor. I have mixed feelings about her returning home. But I am glad, I’m the type of mother that made the commitment of motherhood until death.

To top things off, Gee and her girls have moved back in. I had mixed emotions about this also, this move was necessary and long overdue. I know what it’s feels like to be a single parent; I’ve been doing it for 26 years. Every now and then, we all need a lift up. I’m thankful I am able and willing to provide her a lift up.  I put her on a 6 month plan, I’m confident she will be successful.

The best part of having my full nest again, Skye and Payton aka Chuckie. They are both at the age of innocence. Skye is my girl, she has the most adorable smile. Chuckie, my little explorer is into everything, and I mean everything. Thank God for locks on doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment