Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2013

4th Semester of My Pregnancy: Weeks 16-20

Week 16 (August 26 - Septmeber 1): I made it to the gym once this week. School started back this week. I have to figure out my schedule. Sleep, training, work, school, homework and a social life. I made a trip to Omaha for Labor Day weekend, I didn't get a chance to run, but I got plenty of sleep.

Week 17 (September 2 - 8): I made it to the gym once. I attended the BGR National Conference in Charlotte, NC. I should have tracked my walking miles because I'm positive we walked an ultra the entire weekend. I participated in the 10K event on Sunday.  Charlotte is very hilly, but even with the missed gym times, my body still remembered my hill training. I didn't get tired until the last hill, which led to the finish line.

Week 18 (September 9 - 15): I made it to the gym, just once but I made it. Saturday I had 17 miles to complete. My running buddy Ve ran the first 6.5 miles with me, then she turned around to head back. I was doing okay until I reached mile 15, then my mind slipped. I started questioning myself as to why I set a goal that I didn't have the commonsense to give up on. By the time I finished, I had a new appreciation for my ancestors and their fight for freedom.

Week 19 (September 16 - 22): My routine is getting back on track. I just need to learn how to juggle everything. Full-time work, full-time school and full-time marathon training. I noticed that I'm losing weight. My legs are not toning as fast as the rest of my body. I made it to the gym as scheduled on Monday. Did my weight training and then I tried to ride the bike, that's where I messed up. I had 8 minutes until finish, when I began to feel dizzy. I stopped pedaling and tried to make it to the sanitation area, when my legs became really weak. So to prevent me from hitting the floor really hard, I laid it down. My vision became very blurry. I finally made it to the locker room and laid down on the bench. It took several minutes for me to recovery, so I headed to the shower. Wrong move, I should have went home. After showering, I became very dizzy. I prayed God please do not let me pass out in this shower naked. I made it to the bench again and slowly got dressed. Sunday, I ran the Love the Half Marathon. My goal was to keep my pace under 12 minutes. I was almost successful, I only went over 12 minutes twice. One was my rest and snack break. I finished with a time of 2:33.52. Pretty good!

Week 20 (September 23 - 29): I made it to the gym two days this week. I was in recovery from the half and rest before my 20 miles run on Saturday. On Saturday, my running buddy Brenda ran the first 9 miles with me. The next 11 were on my own. Again, at mile 15 I started questioning why would I do this to myself. Then the bad attitude crept in, this mess was taking too long to complete. Some older guy on a bike kept riding pass me shouting "go my friend, don't give up". After I forgot how many times he passed me, I thought about knocking him off the bike. Finally, I was finished and extremely angry, 5:09:15 later. I had to ask the members of NBMA as to why they do it. Sunday morning, I still had a nasty attitude.

3 comments:

  1. You are AWESOMW.... that is all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ve is one of my running buddies and she knows I'm ready to quit this training.

      Delete