Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mr. Right Attention

I met him sometime ago, when I first saw him I was like dang, that brother is fine. But as our friendship grew, I knew we would never be anything but close friends, buddies. There is an invisible line that I would never ever knowingly across and he felt the same.

My buddy is very attentive, he can tell by the look on my face if something is not quite right with me. Even if I'm smiling, he seems to be able to glance right through the fake smile. He's a great gentleman, opens doors, pays for meals unexpectedly and says the right compliments at the right unexpected time.

I'm beginning to know his moods as well. I can hear it in his voice, know the facial expressions. Sometimes when we are having our deep conversations, it seems as though he's searching for something more than just surface visibility.

We have spent some private moments together. Nothing has ever transpired but the thought was there, I'm sure for the both of us. But we set the rules from the beginning, no crossing the sex line. We can sit and talk for hours about anything. Never any pressure to be anything other than myself. Could we just be the crutch the other one needs to make it through what's affecting our lives at the moment? I don't know, but I value our friendship and would hate to see it change.

What happens when I do meet my Mr. Right Attention? Will our special friendship come to an end? Will I hurt him when I'm not available as much? Will my Mr. Right Attention be able to see our closeness as just what it is? Will I be hurt when the attention isn't on me anymore? Time will tell, but until then, I'll enjoy our friendship for what it is, the buddy system.

No comments:

Post a Comment