Translate

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

God Told Her No, Not Yet

I can't remember why I called Cherly that morning in January, I usually wait until after work, but today I called during work hours. I said my usual hey girl conversation starter, then she said she was headed to the hospital to see Reymita. For what was my question. She said Nora, Mita had a heart attack today. I said tell her to sit her butt still and rest. She said no Nora, they had to shock her 2 or 3 times. Again, I said tell her to sit her butt still and rest. For some reason I never worried about Mita's situation. I knew that God was up to something. What I didn't know, until after she became the voice and face of the American Heart Association. God had chosen the perfect vessel, a woman after His heart.

I didn't cry about Mita's heart attack until she started her foundation, Healing Tender Hearts (http://healingtenderhearts.org). Sure I shred some tears when I saw the video, but that was because Sophia was crying in the video. Who doesn't cry when you see a close friend crying. I was sitting at my desk when I opened the link. I read the story I had heard so many times. But this time it hit me, we almost lost Mita. I kept hearing myself say it over and over again, we almost lost Mita. I sat at my desk crying.

After my cry, I sent her a personal email. I love her like she is one of my biological sisters. Mita displays Jesus. When people say Christians may be the only Jesus some people see, they are talking about Reymita Walls aka Reina. Of the 20something years I have known her, I've only seen her upset twice. The first time shocked me so much, I thought I was dreaming. The second time, it was so funny to see her upset and fussing, I started laughing. She has a famous saying of "Oh Golly".

Mita is a beautiful woman inside out. To know her is to love her. I praise God for choosing her and telling her no, not now. I'm sure when she saw His glory, she wanted to stay, but He sent her back for us. Us the people that don't know how to love unconditional, us that don't know how to forgive and forget, us that don't know what an earthly vessel means, us that do not want to follow our calling.

When you look at Reymita, you are looking at God's work, His property, His creation. He chose her to represent survival. So don't sleep on this messenger from God. He said no, not yet on January 31, 2011 for us to get it right.



© 2013 Lenora Hearst

No comments:

Post a Comment