Translate

Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Bucket List Cruise of 2013 - Day 5

Today's destination Grand Cayman Islands. We were awoke again to see the boats drop anchor offshore. The coral reef was so high, the boats weren't able to come to the shore. I met some guy from Houston and we stood on the 12th deck waiting for the signal to disembark.

My sister and I were doing separate excursions today. My sister did the tour of the Cayman Islands and I did the Cayman Parasail & Beach Escape. Well, I had eaten so much, my bikini didn't fit as it did before I left Dallas, but I wore it anyway. Even though it was snug, I was still getting compliments.

My excursion didn't depart until 10 am, so I got off the boat at 7 am to do my free souvenir and jewelry shopping. Yes, I said free. We attended a seminar on diamonds and other precious stones. At the seminar we received gift cards for free jewelry. As we passed through the customs gate, we received some more gift cards for free jewelry. I also bought a necklace, sunglasses and rum cakes, all at a discount. After my shopping, I headed to the pickup point for my excursion.

There were 10 people for our excursion. There were 3 blacks on this excursion, this guy and his daughter from Illinois and me. This caused some stares because US American people of color do not try dangerous activities like parasailing. We hopped on a small tandem boat to the parasail speed boat. Once we boarded the boat, we were given safety instructions. In the two years they have been in business, they have never had any incidents, we were not to the first.

The guy and his daughter and I went up first. We laughed so hard and I yelled, God is the Truth. We were 400 feet in the air, above the ocean, viewing the multiple colors of blue and green. We were only suppose to be in the air for 6-8 minutes, but because of the wind, he had to keep us up longer....AWESOME, GOD IS THE TRUTH!!! 

I was on such an adrenaline high, I was the must pumped person on the boat. My high carried over onto the beach, I walked from one end of the beach, to the next and back. By the time was done thanking God for today and enjoying the waves splashing onto the shore, I was exhausted. The boat was suppose to come back and get me, but I was too tired to wait the additional times for him to come back around, so I started to walk. Then I realized how hot I was getting and didn't want to risk passing out, so I caught a taxi back.

I was suppose to meet my sister at the Port of Authority after my excursion, but since her phone was dead, I wasn't able to contact her. So I decided to board the tandem boat back to the ship. As soon as I step on board, there sat my sister and the fussing began. She thought something had happened to me during my excursion. Why people think it's okay to frighten people with the worse possible, is beyond me. Someone told my sister that since the wind was so strong, we were probably stuck out on the boat.

Back on the ship, I just wanted to shower, eat and sleep. I smelled like sea water...fish. I had the best hot shower, nice lunch and an even better nap. I woke up just in time to see Scandal. Since I had napped longer than I had planned, I decided to get a glass of wine, my Hot Tamales and head out on the deck to watch whatever movie was playing at the Dive-In Theater. Tonight's movies were "The Natural" and "Field of Dreams". By the time Field of Dreams started to get good, I was sleepy again. Another great day of life.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment