Translate

Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Bucket List Cruise of 2013 - Day 6

Today's destination, Cozumel, Mexico and our excursion for today, Playa Del Carmen Beach & Shopping. The only problem...I woke up this morning (4 am) to menstrual cramps. My cycle isn't scheduled until Sunday. I think the rock climbing, all the walking and constant up and down of the stairs was a bit strenuous on my body. I'm going to enjoy my day anyway, I just pray I don't start vomiting.

I tried to lay back down, but the pain was starting to increase, thank You Holy Spirit for reminding me to put the Aleve in my purse. To keep my sister from hearing me moan, I went out on the deck. And since the sun would soon be rising, I decided to catch it. I went up to the 12th deck, it was so windy, but felt so good. I tried to walk to the back of the ship but the wind was extremely strong. So strong I thought I was going to get blown off the deck. One of the ship's patrolers saw me trying to hang on and strongly advised me to go back the other direction.

The sun took its time coming up but it was so worth it. The different shades of yellow, red and orange. The Carnival ship the Conquest was behind us so I was able to get a picture of it in the sunrise. Now it was time to start my excursion day.

We docked in Cozumel and got off the boat as quickly as possible, we had to collect our free gifts before our excursion boat left us. My sister can zoom through some stores. The store staff was unhappy we only came for the free gifts.

Next we headed to another dock to board our excursion boat. We were headed to Playa del Carmen for shopping and beach escape. I wasn't too impressed with the selection of stores, but I was impressed with the history. I'm not a big souvenirs collector, I love jewelry. Walking through the streets was pretty entertaining, the store owners were calling us brown sugar sisters.

We headed to the beach after shopping. Along the way we made friends with a newlywed couple. Some chick flashed her breasts at us. I kindly let her know I only do men. The resort we hung out was called Kool. We had lunch and took the couple of steps to the white, sandy beach. The beach was filthy which was an immediate turn off for me. I was ready to go. Unfortunately, the other members of the excursion were enjoying the beach.

Four o'clock couldn't have arrived sooner, we headed back to the excursion boat. We had a slight delay because two people were missing. We needed to be back aboard by 5:15 pm, it was 5:40 pm. The custom agents were furious, they rushed us to our cruise ship. A storm was moving in and they needed our ship to leave ASAP.

The ship has been rocky every since we left the dock. I went outside on the deck and the wind shocked me, I jumped and screamed. This lady burst out laughing. I tried to stay outside to watch the movie, but when I saw lightning, I jumped up and came inside. No Latin Beach party for me tonight.


 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment