Translate

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Bucket List Cruise of 2013 - Day 4

We woke up in time to see our ship and another Carnival ship pulling into the shore of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Absolutely beautiful, God is the Truth. I was running around the boat taking pictures of everything. As soon as we exited the boat, we entered a market place. I couldn't get my credit card to work with my Ship & Sail card and the ATM was out of money. It must have meant I didn't need to spend any money. Good thing my sister had extra money. I was able get a 2 bracelets, a necklace and earrings.

We had to hurry to catch our van to our excursion in Ocho Rios. I was kind of leery of this excursion, Bobsled Jamaica & Dunn's River Falls, because I really didn't think I would enjoy it. Boy was I so wrong. The first stop was Dunn's River Falls. The tour guide was this very nice, young lady. She gave a very interesting and detailed description of everything along the route to our excursion and a good history lesson. She sang several songs to us as well.

We had to take these huge steps down to the beach, cool right. The beach was beautiful, the various shades of blue and green water. Then the guide asked everyone to hold hands as he lead us to the bottom of the waterfall. The sight was amazing. The hand holding didn't work to well, so we each assisted the person behind us, my sister was after me, I was after this very muscular teenaged boy. There was a couple behind my sister. Our group had a total of 9 people. I immediately started laughing and saying this is AWESOME!!! My sister on the other hand didn't like the climb, which would be 600 feet of rocks and cascading water. She cussed most of the way up the rocks. She even tried to get off the rocks early, only to be detoured back to the rocks. The couple behind her wasn't going to allow her to get off the rocks anyway. I slipped a couple of times, I'm so glad I had already pulled off my big toenail because it would have ripped off. One lady lost her balance and slid down a ways. Another lady slipped through some rocks and cut her leg. Finally we made it to the top, everyone was cheering. We did it, we climbed Dunn's River Falls.

Our next stop was Mystic Mountain to ride the Sky Explorer chairlift, which would carry us 700 feet through the topical forest. Our tour guide rule was "whatever falls in the forest stays in the forest". Odd thing to do for two women that are afraid of heights. I was just a snapping pictures and enjoying the view of Jamaica. Once at the top, we were directed to the Bobsled ride which was 3280 feet of downhill, twist and turns, then back up to the top of Mystic Mountain. With all the yelling and screaming we did, I know we woke up the dead. But it was a great ride and I would probably do it again.

After a lunch of jerk chicken, beans and rice and fried dumplings, we headed back down the mountain in the chairlift. We were exhausted, but had enjoyed every moment we spent in Jamaica  We had experienced the top 3 attractions on Ocho Rios. Tonight would be an early night, next destination Grand Cayman Islands.


   


No comments:

Post a Comment