Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

Change of Plans: Marathon Goal

I changed my marathon goal race to the Dallas MetroPCS Marathon to be held December 8, 2013. Why, because of the stronger support system I have in Dallas, my BGR sisters, my adopted family here and my supportive coworkers. I know for sure when I'm struggling along the 26.2 miles, someone will be there to cheer me on. I can't guarantee the same support system in Omaha.

Last week my coworker, that is also an experienced runner, strongly suggested I complete my first marathon in Dallas because most of my training and running history is in Dallas, which means a stronger support system. After participating in the Wounded Warrior 10K on June 9th, I understood what he meant. The BGR Dallas women are my running sisters, we push and pull each other to the end. Then we wait at the finish line to make sure everyone makes it across safely and vertical. As much as I love my family and friends in Omaha, I cannot guarantee I will receive the same much needed support as I know would with my Dallas family and friends, my BGR sisters and my supportive coworkers. I'll participate in the Omaha Marathon as half runner, one of these years, maybe.

So I'm starting my training all over again, plus I'm trying to move up a planet or two with the Half Fanatics. I stayed up late last night planning my training schedule until race day. Let countdown to delivery begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment