Translate

Friday, June 21, 2013

That is A Pregnancy: Weeks 1-5

That's what one of my coworkers said when she saw my marathon training schedule. Thirty weeks of training and two weeks of recovery, like a pregnancy, but not the full 40 weeks and 6-8 weeks of recovery. You have to get the proper rest, the right amount of exercise and the correct diet. In the end, I will be giving birth to a marathon, 26.2 miles, 26 miles and 385 feet.

Weeks 1-4 (May 13 - June 9) were completed during my training for the Omaha Marathon. I have since miscarried that idea and conceived the Dallas Marathon to be held in December. I'll have more people to training with and a better support system. When you have your first child, it's important to have a strong, supportive group of family and friends. No pregnancy can survive without the added support of family and friends. I realized that after the Wounded Warrior 10K on June 9.

Week 5 (June 10 - 16), I'm about to head to the gym when I log off. I'm determined not to waste my FWA Mondays laying in the bed, finding excuses not to go to the gym. Not anymore, I'm determined, today that is, to do the right thing, get my butt out of the bed. Training will also affect my social life, I can't hangout late on Fridays when I have to get up and run at 6:30 am on Saturdays.

This week ended with the Nappiology, Inc. Frofest 5K. It was a fun event. Lots of natural hair women walking and running for fun and health, sprinkled with a couple of men and some kids. I was making good time until I decided to stop and start walking with one of my BGR sisters. She looked like she needed the company and I really wanted the company. I had intended to run the additional 3 miles to makeup for the 6 miles I was required to run, but didn't. I'll just swap my weeks around and run 6 miles next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment