Translate

Monday, May 13, 2013

26.2 Miles Equals A Road Trip By Foot - Part 3

Week 6 (Apr 8 - 14): Continuation. Part 3 is suppose to begin with week 7, but something funny happened on my long run Saturday morning, the one for week 6. First, I was running late to White Rock, by the time I was pulling up Brenda and Kathy were texting and calling me. I love running on Saturday mornings, but I hate getting up. Gotta love the BGR ladies for making sure I was okay. As we get ready to start, I realize I forgot to load my run schedule onto my MOTOACTV, so Brenda set her Runkeeper for the 3:1 intervals. As we begin to run, Brenda says, I think I set it wrong, we keep moving. Then she says it again, I think I set it wrong. So we stop after one mile and sure enough she set it wrong. She set it for 3:1 but for miles. We get a good laugh and readjust. My mileage was off because I couldn't obtain a GPS signal during our warmup. All in all, we had a great run and great conversation. Time for breakfast, I'll do the hot yoga next week.

Week 7 (Apr 15 - 21): Not what it was suppose to be, not one bit. I missed a couple of workouts, but I was able to add the magic mile training to my Tuesday evenings, for the time being. I decided to move some of my morning training to the evening to accommodate my 10 hour work week, every other week. Wednesday was missed because I attended a women's conference. Thursday was missed because I attended a work function and some how, someone took my coat. I had this coat since the early 70s, a gift from my dad. The whole ordeal ruin my night. Saturday, I was too tired to wake up. I had planned to make up my run distance later in the afternoon, but social plans knocked that off the schedule. Then I planned to run on Sunday, but I was sick to my stomach. But the great thing ending this week, I was told I looked great in my 2 piece. He said I was really holding it together to be 50. I needed the ego stoke.

Week 8 (Apr 22 - 28): As I enter into this week's training, I overslept and will have to workout this evening. Not my favorite thing to do. I'm not feeling too well, but I can't afford to be sick, I leave for my cruise on Sunday. I ended up missing Wednesday and Thursday workouts because I was sick. Saturday was missed because my sister was in town and I had the Grands. Sunday is going to be missed because I will be heading to Galveston for my 7 days of cruising the waters of the world.

Week 9 (Apr 29 - May 5): I have decided I will not be doing any training while on my cruise, I am on vacation and I will enjoy every moment. Since I will not be training, I decided, along with my sister, to take the stairs and avoid the elevators. We did a sauna day on Tuesday. First we spent time in the detoxing whirlpool, then we hit three of the sauna rooms and rain forest shower. That was something my body needed, I felt so good and clean afterwards. I had to take an afternoon nap to recover. I tried reverting back to my old way of eating, but my body rejected it and I was sick. By day 3 of the cruise I had to scale back on my eating. I've trained my body to eat healthier and my body is holding me to it. The most strenuous activity I did was climb the Dunn's River Waterfall. I went parasailing in the Cayman Islands and spent time walking the beaches of Seven Miles Beach. I covered three of beaches before the sun start becoming a bit much. In Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, we walk the shopping area from one end to the next. So I did get some form of activity in, and I did a lot of dancing on the ship.

Week 10 (May 6 - 12): I didn't do any sort of training this week. I was recovering from my vacation. I had such a good time. I ended the week with a half marathon on Mother's Day, the Cox Running Club Half Marathon and 5K. I was helping my running buddy Chris get back into the running mode again. We were doing pretty well until mile 6 when her knee gave out on her. We had to slow down and walk more. The last 2 miles we walked and didn't start back running until we  were close to the finish line. My legs were tight from not training properly, but the running event motivated me to get back on my training schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment