Translate

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Rain

The rain is beginning to come down, it's light right now. Can I make it from the bus to the car before it gets heavier. Yes I can because I'm a runner, so I pick up my pace.
As I sit in my car, my thoughts go to him. Tonight would be a good night to spend time together. We could just cuddle and watch some movies. The rain makes me get into a cuddling mood, I shouldn't have allowed myself to start enjoying him. I get sad, start my car and head home.

As I drive down the street to my home, the rain has stopped. I see my neighbor standing outside, the one that has been trying to get me to sleep with him for the last 4 years. You think by now he would realize, it's not happening. I stop at the mailbox, wave at him, he makes a comment, the usual comment, come back up and spend some time with me. But today, since I can't see him, I respond, I'll be right back, I need to let my dog out. By the look on his face he was unprepared for my response, then he says, I want you to stay all night. I respond okay, I'll bring my movies, you cook the food. Again, he wasn't prepared for my response. He hesitates before responding again. He comes back with a response, I need to go check on my dad first and go by the grocery store. I reply, I'll be waiting for your call. Again, his face looks puzzled, you can tell he was expecting my usual response, not today, I was in flirt mode. Since I had gotten his attention, he couldn't take his eyes off of me. He watched me get back into my car, drive down the street to my house, exit my car and enter my home, he couldn't take his eyes off me. Mission accomplished, now maybe he will give it a rest.

Once in the house, I think to myself, I wish he were here. Since I know that's not a possibility tonight, I prepare to make it an early night. I fix myself a light meal, pour my last bottle of cheap wine and my water, and head to the queen's room. I started texting him with the intent to invite him over, but the wine kicked in, added with my exhaustion from the night before and vacation is now over depression, I was sleep before I could make the invite. Which in hindsight, was a good thing. With the weather being gloomy, I might have crossed the forbidden line.


No comments:

Post a Comment