Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fabulously Fit 50th Birthday

This girl was blessed to turn 50 on November 17, 2012. No one really knows how much this age really means to me but God does. The road to this age has been hilly, flat and curvy. I have gained some great wisdom along the way. I have done some stupid things along the way. But whatever direction I went, God always had His hands on me. 

I didn't quite know how I wanted to celebrate this year of life, I just knew I wanted something memorable. I did several mini events and two grand events. I attended the Nappiology Nappy Hour and the Nappiology Expo. Studied for my classes. Took myself to a movie. Family night bowling. Had a private fun night with one of my guy friends. Had brunch with a very good friend. Traveled to Atlanta to spend time with my sister and my dear friend Big Mike. And to top the month off, a birthday party in Omaha with my childhood friend Herb. These events meant so much to me and made the month of November extra special. 

I also made a decision to really not to allow other's negativity effect me. Either you accept me for the Lenora I am or keep it moving. Stuff is not that serious anymore. 

I feel good about me, I love me. I've made a serious commitment to obtain a healthy looking body and heart inside and outside. Changing my eating and increasing my physical activity. Staying positive even when the negative comes my way. Working on my relationship with God because He has been with me before I was formed in my mother's womb.
Me and my take it to the grave friend Jo

My sister Crystal, my cousin Nicky and me

No comments:

Post a Comment