Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The End of the Body Invasion

My follow-up ultrasound located something in the left breast. The doctor said it didn't look serious and I could wait six months to see what happens. Well a lot could happen in six months. It could actually be a form of cancer and begin to spread. It could be nothing but my need to end my love affair with caffeine. Was I willing to risk waiting six months? Nope, I rather find out now.

I had two options, needle biopsy or removal of the small node. Because I didn't want to give up my half marathon training, I elected to have the needle biopsy; less down time. The day of the procedure, I was running late, again. The office staff is so friendly, they make you feel like long time friends. They gave me a pink tote bag as a present.

Time for the procedure and the machine wouldn't work. So they swapped machines from another room. The tech made me feel very comfortable by explaining everything in detail. The needle incision felt like a prick. I also choose not to have the marker left in my breast. Even though it was a just in case we need to go back in precaution, I didn't feel the need. The procedure was over within 15 minutes.

Since I couldn't use left my arm for a couple of hours, I had to drive from Plano to home with my right hand, not an easy task. Once home I called Jo to let her know I made it home. Texted Crystal and thanked her for sharing her knowledge. Then I took a well deserved nap.

About a week later I receive a postcard in the mail indicating the node removed from my right side was benign. I looked down at my breast, I had it removed from the left side. Not to panic or worry, I called the clinic. Once I said my name, the reception responded, I was just about to call you because we sent you the incorrect information. Your card should indicate the left side and we are sending a new card today, please forgive us for any confusion. No confusion on my part.

But anyway, the little body invasion was over, nothing to worry about. But the doctor did insist I come back in 6 months. See I knew here wasn't anything wrong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment